Re: give up?

Jerome wrote, Sunday, Apr. 27

>I am thinking on giving up with my 30 liters (7 gal) hex tank. I have
>under gravel filter, a power filter (the little Penguin with bio-wheel)
>and I do water changes once a week (30% aprox) I try to not over-food my
>fish (2 angelf. & 5 neon that are going great!) But, cyano is beginning
>and I have most plants covered with brown algae. I have a 50 watts
>halogen lamp. PH is always above 7 (7.2-7.4) and I can not lower it. I
>don't have CO2 system. My Vallisnerias are not going well(I should say
>were not).

Two angelfish are a bit much for a 7 gallon tank.  They can't be full
grown, or they would have eaten your neons by now. :-)  Unless they are
only an inch or two long, you may have the tank a bit overloaded.  I would
recommend putting the angels in a larger tank and adding some ramshorn
snails to work on the cyanobacteria.  If they aren't making much progress
on the cyanobacteria after two or three weeks, I would turn off the light
until most of the cyanobacteria is gone.

In soggy, Jackson, Mississippi