Re: Aquatic Plants Digest V2 #670

>Truism:
>
>Carefully planting Vallisneria with the crown exposed is necessary if the
>plant is the succeed.
>
>My experience:
>
>I became suspicious when the Vallisneria G. in my tank propagated naturally
>and practically took over the entire tank.  Almost all of the runners were
>under the gravel surface; some as deep as 3".  I guess they did not read
>that chapter in Rataj and Horeman :-).

Speaking about Vals,does one just trim the longs leaves to get them
shorter? Or would u have to remove the leaves from the crown level? I
noramally cut off the extra long leaves of my Val Giganteas from the top
but notice some leaves rotting away after some weeks of cutting.
Is this the correct way of pruning Vals?

Khew

http://www.singnet.com.sg/~khewss/