Myths

I finally got around to buying and reading one of the best value plant
books out there.  It is published by Barrons and is titled "Aquarium
Plants Manual".  I would recommend it.  However, somebody is copying from
somebody because underSamolus parviflorus (water pimpernel) it says
"propagation: only in emersed culture, by seeds, which germinate
rapidly.  In optimum conditions, formation of side shoots.

Says almost the same thing in the Baensch "Aquarium Atlas - Vol 1".

When I visited Geo Booth he had the stuff growing all over the place and
said all you do is snip off the top section which develops little roots
and plant it down.  The top section may have a few flower buds.  I saw
some in a Petsmart and tried it.  The stuff is doing great and contrary
to the myth of only being able to reproduce emersed, this stuff makes a
great plant that is easy to cultivate under the conditions many of us have.

So I would like to debunk the myth that it will only reproduce emersed.

I suspect there are many other myths out there.  Why don't some  of you
join in and share your discoveries with us.

--Earle Hamilton from northern Michigan where coral once grew