Aquatic Plants Group (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 1997 23:50:39 -0400 (EDT)
From: David  Soriano <soriano+@pitt.edu>
To: owner-aquatic-plants at actwin_com
Subject: Aquatic Plants Group

Hi! I am glad to be able to join your group. I am a chem. prof. with
Pitt's Bradford campus in Pa. I am currently growing Acordus Calamus
(Sweet Flag) and Water Poppy in my greenhouse at school. I am working on
preparing plant extracts for h.p.l.c. chemical analysis of the secondary
metabolites. I will appreciate reading posts from members on proper growth
and maintenence of the plants. I am particularly interested in the Water
Poppy's one-day yellow flowers chemical content. I will also be looking at
the bio-flavonoids in Water Lettuce later this year. I had one course in
college botany 25 years ago, so it has been a while! Regards, Dave Soriano