Re: CO2

Gerry Skau asked...

>I'm sure I'm doing something wrong but what?
>
>I set up a CO2 system this weekend in a 2 liter pop bottle. airtube from
>the top into a checkvalve (pointed the right way).and then into an
>airstone. 2 cups of sugar, 1 teaspoon of yeast and a teaspoon of baking
>soda and then water to about 3 inches from the top. So far nothing. So:
>
>1) Is this too much water?

No

>2) Should I wait to put the baking soda in until after the reaction is going?

No

>3) Is is too cold? The house temperatute is 68-70f.

A little cool. Someone mentionned that 85 F is optimal.

>4) Does it just take a while to get started?

Five minutes usually. Some people find that it takes a day or so
to get up to speed.

The airstone may be exerting a lot of back pressure causing the
CO2 to leak at some connection. Try feeding the open end of the
airline tube into the intake not too far below the surface of
the water. Why are you using an airstone?

--
Dave Whittaker
ac554 at FreeNet_Carleton.ca