Re: CO2

At 15:39 -0400 4/21/97, Gerry Skau <gerry at ans_net wrote:
>Date: Mon, 21 Apr 1997 15:31:56 +0000 (UTC)

>I'm sure I'm doing something wrong but what?
>
>I set up a CO2 system this weekend in a 2 liter pop bottle. airtube from
>the top into a checkvalve (pointed the right way).and then into an
>airstone. 2 cups of sugar, 1 teaspoon of yeast and a teaspoon of baking
>soda and then water to about 3 inches from the top. So far nothing. So:

You need a CO2 reactor, and airstone is very inefficient. See the FAQ's and
check out the KRIB website for more info.

>1) Is this too much water?

No, it's OK

>2) Should I wait to put the baking soda in until after the reaction is going?

No, that's a good way to make a mess.

>3) Is is too cold? The house temperatute is 68-70f.

Temperature is fine.

>4) Does it just take a while to get started?

Yes, give it a few days. You also may have a leak. If you can smell the
brew around any of the fittings it's leaking. Make your self a ractor.

Paul Nicholson               Electronic Imaging Systems, Inc.
TEL 805 532 1068             5148 Commerce Avenue, Unit F
FAX 805 532 1065             Moorpark, CA 93021 U.S.A.
paul at eisusa_com		     http://www.eisusa.com