Substrate Heating - Not!!

I can see the reason for substrate heating in your parts of the world where
temperatures are below the 25C mark, however, in the tropics, the coolest your
water temperature can be is about 27C.   So there comes to mind a number of
questions:
1.  How do I get water circulation in the gravel?  (a slow powered UGF-perhaps?)
2.  Short of a chiller (which costs a bomb to buy and to run) how can one lower
the temperature of the water by a couple of degrees?  (the ambient temperature
is usually 30C).

Thanks,

Rodney in hot and sunny Singapore!
(rdorvill at sp_ac.sg)