G. spilanthoides origins and PMDD dosing Q

Someone asked where Gymnocoronis spilanthoides is originally from.
According to Rataj and Horeman it is from ‘tropical South America’.  I
too have been using teaspoons instead of tablespoons for dosing the
ingredients for PMDD.  Is there anything wrong with doing this and then
using about three times as much when dosing the tank?.  My reason for
wanting to do this is (a) to help dissolve the K2SO4 and (b) to make
finer adjustments to the dosing.

David Brooks