SAE diet

I have NO true SAEs. Haven't found any yet.  I wonder, if they eat hair
algae, which we don't want, do they become undernourished once they have
eaten all of the algae in the tank?  Years ago I had a fish sold to me as a
"Flying Fox," which, when I compare its appearance (as I remember it) to the
sketches in KRIB, was a true SAE, that ate all of the hair algae in a planted
50 in two days. He then committed fishicide by swimming up into an outside
filter siphon, getting stuck in it,  and suffocating himself.

Anyway - is there a danger of malnutrition once the algae has all been eaten?

Just wondering.