Re: Jumping SAE's

>Date: Tue, 08 Apr 97 08:40:58 -0700
>From: gomberg at wcf_com
>Subject: Aquatic Plants Digest V2 #635
>
>Aquatic-Plants-Owner at actwin_com (Aquatic Plants Digest) said on
>04/08/97 at 03:39 AM:
>
>>9) It is really nice being able to work without a cover or hood on
>>the tank.
>
>>10)I managed to get some SAEs
>
>I think you will need a steady supply of SAEs if you run without a
>cover.   George???

Maybe if they are not happy, but in at least 5 planted tank without covers
(ranging from 10-125 U.S. gallons (40-500L), I have not had any jumpers.
Ironically, the one that I did loose was in my crowded 40gal which DOES have
a cover....but there is always a space if a fish wants to find it <g> and
this was one of my first from 1993  :-(  ....also one of my largest at 9cm
Otherwise, the only other SAEs that I have lost were from buckets during
transfering them among tanks. Do not leave these uncovered. THis is
something that SAE's defintitely DO NOT like.

Neil Frank      Aquatic Gardeners Association         Raleigh, NC
      The Aquatic Gardener - journal of the AGA -  now in its seventh year!!