[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Matt's algae
- To: Aquatic-Plants at actwin_com
- Subject: Re: Matt's algae
- From: richardm at cd_com (Richard Masoner)
- Date: Tue, 8 Apr 1997 10:49:30 -0500 (CDT)
- In-Reply-To: <199704080739.DAA03845 at acme_actwin.com> from "Aquatic Plants Digest" at Apr 8, 97 03:39:06 am
> When I increased the lighting in one of my tanks blue green cyano
> took off.
The same thing happened to me, but after a couple of weeks the cyano-
bacteria kinda went away on its own.
Can you believe people actually harvest this goop, dry it out, and
sell it in health food stores?
Anyway, after the cyano, I had beard algae on everything. Fiddled
with the Fe some, and *that* went away and then I got hair algae.
Now *that*'s gone, and I can actually see my plants now, which have
been growing nicely through all this.
...All except the Anubias, that is, but that's supposed to be a slow-
growing plant anyway, right?
Richard Masoner in sub-freezing (again!) Champaign Illinois