Re: Stem Plants

I too leave the top node of the "rooting nodes" of stem plants leaves for
the exact reason you have and have seen no adverse effects. I haven't left
too many leaves down there though so maybe the "adverse effects" may be
limited. One thing I have noticed is that with no leaves or other anchoring
factor, the stem plants I have tried have taken much longer to develop
roots. This is probably as you say, due to the attention it gets getting
re-stuck into the gravel over and over again. :)

Jim