Mg++ and Ca++ levels

Hi,
Can anyone recommend a reasonable target level for calcium and magnesium?
 Due to problems with contamination by Agri. chemicals to my well, I've
installed an RO system and am using it for the tanks.  The fish are doing
fine but the plants (swords especially) are showing signs of deficiency
despite addition of macro and micro nutrients.  A careful analysis shows I
had almost no Ca or Mg in my fertilizer mix.  So, can anyone recommend some
reasonable target levels that I can start with.

TIA