Re: Corallife fixture and T8's, con't

>Subject: Re:
>
>> Re: the Corallife Fixture mentioned by Roxanne Bittman as not lighting
>Penn Plax bulbs, is this the "electronic ballast" fixture that is sold by
>R.C. Steele?
>
>No, it is a fixture plus ballast sold by Energy Savers, Inc.
>
>> I have never used nor even seen this fixture, but thus far, all of
>> the Electronic Ballasts I have tried will light ANY bulb.  This includes
>both
>> "Rapid Start" Electronic Ballasts and "Instant Start" Electronic
>Ballasts.

As always, in the electronic ballast world, you need to match the ballast
to the proper lamps or you get less than optimal operation. That means,
shorter lamp life, greater energy use, even less light output. Electronic
ballasts cannot be used with "any" lamp. Note some are designed for T12s
and some specifically for T8s.

BTW, Instant Start mechanisms shorten lamp life and increase energy use
slightly.

Greg. Tong
gtong at sirius_com

"Often, the things that change are less interesting than those that stay
the same."--Aaron Fleisher