Re: Aponegoton bulb duds

<<  From: ncampbel at ccmail_dsccc.com
 Subject: Aponegoton bulb duds

      I bought some Aponegeton bulbs and only 3 out of 7 have germinated and
      grown well.  The remaining 4 haven't sprouted.  Is there anything I
      can do to coerce the bulbs into sprouting? or are these ratios normal
      and acceptable? >>

I have experienced similar (and worse!) sprouting rates with Aponegeton
bulbs.  If they didn't sprout within three weeks, they never did.
 Fortunately they were cheap and the ones that did sprout were attractive
plants and one of the few that I can get to flower.