Re: Full spectrum lighting incandescent style

> Date: Mon, 24 Mar 1997 23:32:00 -0500
> From: Eric S Deese <deese at netexp_net>
> To: Aquatic-Plants at actwin_com
> Subject: full spectrum lighting
>
> This may be a little off-topic, but I figure someone here will
> have the answer. I am looking for full spectrum (ie, daylight)
> bulbs for a normal incandescent style fixture. Do any of the
> new bulbs (eg, halogen, compact fluorescent, etc) fall in to
> this category. Feel free to be specific and with reference to
> manufacturer and model number.
>
> Thanks,
> Eric Deese   Columbus, Ohio  USA

Eric,

There are "full spectrum" incandescents on the herp. (reptile) market.
I don't know how good these are, or how well they work however.  I can
tell you though that their life seems to be much shorter that the flo's.

Cheers,

Mark
------
pearlsco at u_washington.edu
The more people I meet, the more I like my plants.