Open letter to Dan Quackenbush

On Fri, 28 Mar 1997 10:23:55 -0500 (EST), you wrote:
>Date: Fri, 28 Mar 1997 00:47:37 -0500
>From: Dan Q <dqallwet at avana_net>
>Subject: Re: To ALL from DQ
   I am going to try to go back to just lurking here. If you want to
>play around with my methods thats fine, maybe I will have to adjust some
>methods because of something I've learned here.  In the interest of fair
>play and/ or keeping me in a lurking status, it would be nice if your
>posts were a little better than the person who posted about his
>experience with Osmocote. His conclusion was that it turned his/her
>water green and should only be used in the substrate. Left like that, it
>would be easy to imply that I suggested it could be used in the water
>column. I have only suggested it be used in the substrate. and just in
>case, to save someone a post, I never said it was better than PMDD.
Dear Dan, Please don't "just lurk". I for one enjoy reading about different
approaches to the subject, and get bogged down with folks sounding off about
ORP, CRI and other laboratory values, which to the layman are at best useless,
as we cannot measure or reproduce the findings, and at worst are just Greek.
I found the idea of two PhD's arguing in public about whether a bucket of water
is blue and why, at first amusing, and when it got to playground level, boring.
BTW, I have not seen any "hard stuff" about your kitty literite substrate yet,
now the air is cleared a little (no doubt something to do with the refractive
coefficient of hot air and bulldust), could some of the gurus give us some
opinions on the subject? For instance, some folks use plain gravel for their
substrate, others use vermiculite, as I understand it both of these are to all
intents and purposes inert. Is kittylit going to be better than these and if so
why?