RE- full spectrum lighting

>Date: Mon, 24 Mar 1997 23:32:00 -0500
>From: Eric S Deese <deese at netexp_net>
>To: Aquatic-Plants at actwin_com
>Subject: full spectrum lighting
>
>This may be a little off-topic, but I figure someone here will
>have the answer. I am looking for full spectrum (ie, daylight)
>bulbs for a normal incandescent style fixture. Do any of the
>new bulbs (eg, halogen, compact fluorescent, etc) fall in to
>this category. Feel free to be specific and with reference to
>manufacturer and model number.
>
>Thanks,
>Eric Deese   Columbus, Ohio  USA

     Recently, I saw a lighting display for OTT-LITE in Builder's Square
(i.e., a mega DIY home center). OTT-LITE has a line of full spectrum
fluorescent tubes as well as a screw-in full spectrum compact fluorescent that
fits a standard incandescent fixture. It is 17 watts, CRI 91, 5500 kelvin.
Lumen output is probably similar to a 75 watt incandescent.
The OTT-LITE web page is http://www.ott-lite.com/mainline.html
Their phone number is 800.842.8848, and they may sell direct if you can't find
it locally.

FWIW, Mark.