Magazine writers

     I've noticed that two individuals who were subject to a lot of
     controversy on this list are both magazine writers.  DQ mentioned an
     article he wrote in FAMA, while Craig Bingman is science editor of
     Aquarium Frontiers magazine.

     Do writers use this forum as a means of garnering ideas for articles,
     or do they participate like the rest of us--to gain knowledge?  I am
     not comfortable with the notion that some of my postings may end up in
     an article somewhere, without my permission.  What are the rules on
     this topic?  I am guessing the various internet discussion groups are
     extremely fertile for a writer looking for ideas.

     I am not being judgemental; I am merely curious.  If I were a writer I
     would probably surf for materiel.  Any other magazine writers out
     there?