Penn Plax lights & hitech fixture

I have some information for people regarding the compatibility of certain

fluorescent lights and the Corallife light fixtures.
I recently purchased the latter and it is very nice, with places for four
bulbs.  I initially put in 2 Vitalites and 2 Penn Plax Ultra TriLux lights.
 The vitalites work fine, but the Trilux will not turn on in the fixture.
Energy Savers, Inc. (from whom I bought the fixture) says they have had
trouble with people using the Ultra TriLux before:  it apparently is NOT a
true "rapid start" bulb and therefore not really compatible with the 4-bulb
fixture.  Energy Savers says only U.S.-made rapid start bulbs will work
well (such as Vitalite, Corallife Triphosphor, etc.); something about
the bulbs from overseas is different.

I wondered if anyone else has had this experience and if not, people should
be forwarned.
--

Please note new e-mail address:
Roxanne Bittman, Botanist                    Natural Heritage Division