Re: Non-standard sarcasm

I hope that I did not offend people (too much, that is <g>) when I suggested
that an advanced aquatic gardener is someone that has chosen to limit the
number of high tech aquariums because of the possible extra work involved.
By doing so, I have suggested that many people who get pleaure from adding
still another equipment enhanced plant tank would only be considered
"successful" and not eligible for the last category in the evolution of
their hobby. Such people clearly demonstrate enormous talent. I obviously
left out important people in the hobby like Amano, Horst and even George.
Other advanced hobbyists, however, may be looking to supplement a few time
intensive display tanks with other types that are cheaper, easier to
maintain and might provide the opportunity to experiment with different
approaches. Or, just because it is fun to try to invent a different mousetrap.

Furthermore, I admit that there is also considerable overlap between the
advanced-sucessful hobbyist and successful-advanced hobbyist. Certainly the
talented aquascaper listed as my last bullet under 'successful aquarist'
must be just as skillful as one who can grow the rarest crypts.... and I
might add that I cannot adequately do either.

I hope that this tones down the rhetoric a bit.

Neil

Neil Frank      Aquatic Gardeners Association         Raleigh, NC
      The Aquatic Gardener - journal of the AGA -  now in its seventh year!!