Alternanthera sessilis

>From: Roxanne Bittman <rlb at nhdgis_dfg.ca.gov>
>
>I would like to successfully grow Alternanthera sessilis -

Tank is 40 gal, soft water, Kent's FW Plant Supplement 1x/week, Hilena
>D in gravel, light is 4 30watt fluor. tubes, pH 7.4, no CO2.

I think the answer lies, at least partly, with your last couple of words.
I'm looking at a book right now that recommends CO2 fertilization as well
as iron-rich fertilizer and a nutrient rich substrate. The book also says
that the Alternanthera best suited to aquariums is reineckii. You may be
trying to grow a plant too difficult for your set up.

Olga
in Vancouver