Re: Aquatic Plants Digest V2 #589

In a message dated 97-03-19 19:23:53 EST, Aquatic-Plants-Owner at actwin_com
writes:

<< Hi everyone. In my 150 gln tank I have 3 DIY Co2 running. I currently
 have the   3 tubes connected to airstones which bubble up to an inverted
 plate
 to catch the bubbles. I cant get my ph down though! Whats the best DIY
 way to inject the CO2??? Help!! >>

What is the pH and hardness?  You can calculate how much CO2 you are actually
dissolving into the water.  If your pH does not drop significantly with the
injection of CO2 ( compared to NO injection of CO2),  you need to enhance
your reactor performance.  If you do get a significant pH drop, you may need
to add acid to your tank to lower the pH.

Actually I prefer the inverted plate system over injection into the filter
intake.  I get less pH swing depending on the output of the yeast because the
excess *burps* out of the saucer and is lost to the air.  It is less
efficient however, but I'll gladly settle for stability at the expense of
faster growth.