Cannister filter as co2 reactor

In my yeast DIY co2 injector on my 37 gal, I have the outlet for the CO2 at
the inlet of my canister filter.  The filter sucks the bubbles into the
inlet and completely diffuses the gas in the filter, at least I believe
that it does since no gas can be observed entering the tank from the
cnnister return in the tank.

I am now setting up a 75 gallon with a proper Dupla CO2 injection system.
DaleCo talked me into buying the Dupla S Reactor for $175.  But now I am
wondering if I shouldn't just return the reactor to save $175 and route my
CO@ from the bubble counter to the intake on my canister filter.  It seems
to be working well on the 37 gal.  But need I be concerned about carbolic
acid eating up my canister filter and hoses if I follow this method?

Thanks.

Macon Cowles
1680 Wilson Court
Boulder, CO 80304