Re: Lighting for a 20

> I am going to transfer my 20 zebra danios, 12 neons, two plecos from my
55
> gallon tank to my 20L which is currently empty.

   You must mean a 20 gallon, right?

 I also have two amazon
> swords and some water sprite.  Right now, it's got a one tube flourescent
> (but I'll probably get rid of it)  Any suggestions on what kind of
lighting I
> should have?   What should I use that would be the best for the
> plants?  Two vita-lites maybe?

   As a veteran vita-lite user, I think they are one of the best.  However,
for a brighter tank, the Penn Plax Ultra tri-lux, or the Coralife
triphosphor (full-spectrum) bulb are also good.

Roxanne Bittman, Botanist                    Natural Heritage Division
Phone: (916) 323-8970                 __o     CA Dept of Fish and Game
Fax:   (916) 324-0475               _ \<_                    1220 S St
Internet rlb at kirk_dfg.ca.gov       ( )/( )        Sacramento, CA 95814