[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Lighting for a 20
- To: Aquatic-Plants at actwin_com
- Subject: Re: Lighting for a 20
- From: Roxanne Bittman <rlb at nhdgis_dfg.ca.gov>
- Date: Tue, 18 Mar 1997 11:22:50 PST
- In-Reply-To: <199703180839.DAA01094 at looney_actwin.com>; from "Aquatic-Plants-Owner at actwin_com" at Mar 18, 97 3:39 am
> I am going to transfer my 20 zebra danios, 12 neons, two plecos from my
> gallon tank to my 20L which is currently empty.
You must mean a 20 gallon, right?
I also have two amazon
> swords and some water sprite. Right now, it's got a one tube flourescent
> (but I'll probably get rid of it) Any suggestions on what kind of
> should have? What should I use that would be the best for the
> plants? Two vita-lites maybe?
As a veteran vita-lite user, I think they are one of the best. However,
for a brighter tank, the Penn Plax Ultra tri-lux, or the Coralife
triphosphor (full-spectrum) bulb are also good.
Roxanne Bittman, Botanist Natural Heritage Division
Phone: (916) 323-8970 __o CA Dept of Fish and Game
Fax: (916) 324-0475 _ \<_ 1220 S St
Internet rlb at kirk_dfg.ca.gov ( )/( ) Sacramento, CA 95814