[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Bouncing baby ferns
- To: Aquatic-Plants at actwin_com
- Subject: Re: Bouncing baby ferns
- From: "Marshall F. Wilkinson" <wilkinso at acs_ucalgary.ca>
- Date: Fri, 14 Mar 97 9:11:23 MST
- In-Reply-To: <199703132039.PAA20875 at looney_actwin.com>; from "Aquatic-Plants-Owner at ActWin_com" at Mar 13, 1997 3:39 pm
I had/have a "mother" Java fern that bloomed many
plantlets (didnt really count). I just left them and they
eventually detached themselves. These plantlets had a
mini-rhizome attached to a portion of the maternal frond. This
made an ideal anchor for affixing them to a new location.
I also tried separating them but it seems to me that these ferns
are not growing as well as the ones which ultimately left the
Congratulations! cigars anyone?
Calgary Alberta - (I guess someone has to live here)