Re: Bouncing baby ferns

Carlos -

I had/have a "mother" Java fern that bloomed many
plantlets (didnt really count). I just left them and they
eventually detached themselves. These plantlets had a
mini-rhizome attached to a portion of the maternal frond. This
made an ideal anchor for affixing them to a new location.
I also tried separating them but it seems to me that these ferns
are not growing as well as the ones which ultimately left the
nest themselves.
Congratulations! cigars anyone?

Marshall Wilkinson
Calgary Alberta - (I guess someone has to live here)