Re: Aquatic Plants Digest V2 #575

> From: Michael Livingston <MikeL at NetCraft-sw_com>
>  >Subject: Re: CO2 - no luck
>
>  >I am using 1 cup of sugar, 1 tsp. yeast, and a tsp of baking soda and
>  >get CO2 for weeks.  Also, I use spring water or R/O water left over from
>  >a water change.  Any chlorine and whatnot in the water will kill the
>  >yeast for sure.

I don't know about that.  I have been having good luck. Although
it did take quite a few tries.  For me this works best:
11/2 cups sugar, about 5-6 cups of water. {almost hot} shake,
add baking powder, shake, then add only *1/2 tsp* yeast. don't
shake. I get about 3-4 weeks of  use. Hope this helps

Erik