re: Test kits again

I wrote:

>Nitrates > 100 ppm
>
>I'd started to get a growth of green filamentous algae in the tank.

Just wanted to follow up on an observation.  The green filamentous algae I
was growing is now dying.  I've been doing water changes, and my nitrates
are now down to 50 ppm.  I still have a large number of water changes to do
before I expect to be back below 15 ppm.

My apple snails seem quite a bit happier now, and are grazing on the dead
algae.  :-)

David W. Webb           Corporate Business Systems
Texas Instruments Inc.  Dallas, TX USA
(972) 575-3443 (voice)  MSGID:       DAWB
(972) 575-4853 (fax)    Internet:    dwebb at ti_com
(972) 581-2380 (pager)  Text Pager:  dwebb at ti_com Subj:PAGE