Re: Chemical Filtration

> From: "Mark Shelton" <mark_shelton at pobox_tbe.com>
> Date: 5 Mar 1997 17:51:04 -0600
>
>      Like most people (I think) on this list, I do not use any form of
> chemical filtration (e.g., carbon, etc.) for fear of plant nutrient
> loss.  Between weekly or biweekly water changes, the water becomes
> noticeably yellowish and dingy as expected without the carbon.

I'm surprised that this happens.  Our tanks remain clear between
biweekly water changes.  Do you have other problems like peat or other
organics leaching into the water due to a "rich" substrate?  This
sounds like a problem that should be investigated before you resort
to chemical filtration.

George