Re: algae-eating livebearers

>From: Roxanne Bittman <rlb at nhdgis_dfg.ca.gov>
>Date: Mon, 03 Mar 1997 10:56:43 PST
>Subject: algae-eating livebearers
>
>Certain (mostly European) references refer to some livebearers as good
>algae eaters - black mollies are often mentioned.  Does anyone have
>experience with this?  Will platies, mollies, etc. eat algae?  What kind?
>Will they pick it off of fine-leaved plants (my current problem).  More
>importantly, will they also eat the higher plants themselves?  My local
>aquarium store does not know the answer.
>Thanks,

IMO, platies are a very good algae eating livebearer for a planted tank
since they don't require the higher water hardness that other livebearers
seem to need.

If you don't feed them, they'll eat the algae in your tank.

David W. Webb           Corporate Business Systems
Texas Instruments Inc.  Dallas, TX USA
(972) 575-3443 (voice)  MSGID:       DAWB
(972) 575-4853 (fax)    Internet:    dwebb at ti_com
(972) 581-2380 (pager)  Text Pager:  dwebb at ti_com Subj:PAGE