Re: Ghost Shrimp/Green Water/Infusoria

>From: User116155 at aol_com
>Date: Sat, 1 Mar 1997 15:02:37 -0500 (EST)
>Subject: Ghost Shrimp/Green Water/Infusoria
>
>Hi,
>
>Will ghost shrimp clear up green water and infusoria?  In the summer I like
>to feed live food I culture outside and sometimes I contaminate the tank with
>green water/infusoria.

Daphnia will generally clear up green water (if there is nothing to eat
them). Not only will ghost shrimp NOT clear up the water... they will also
eat the daphnia that you keep together with them (even in a fishless tank).
Ghost shrimp, however,  will eat many types of hair algae and in sufficient
numbers will visually eliminate it from a tank.
Neil Frank      Aquatic Gardeners Association         Raleigh, NC
      The Aquatic Gardener - journal of the AGA -  now in its sixth year!!