Re:DIY CO2 nutrients

-----------------------------

>From: Paul Nicholson <paul at eisusa_com>

>....When a recent sugar and water batch started to give out, I added one
>teaspoon of whole wheat flour to the depleted mix. This perked up the C02
>output immediately about ten fold. I expected this and attributed to the
>fact that the flour particulates provided bubble nucleating sites for the
>C02 already in solution. However 24 hours later the output of the generator
>is still going great, and I believe this is due to the nutrients in the
>flour allowing better yeast growth.

This is an interesting finding that could mean a lot for all who produce
CO2 by fermentation.

Another possibility is that there could be some bacteria in there with the
yeast, and that these bacteria can break down the starch in the flour to
simple sugars.  The yeast could then use the sugars, and undoubtedly the
bacteria are using them also in the respiration process.

In Jackson, Mississippi, where we have had more cold fronts and warm fronts
the last week than I can ever remember in one week.  We had 6 separate
weather systems bring rain on 6 out of 7 days.