[Prev][Next][Index]

Re: Compact Metal Halides

-------------
While in Hong Kong I saw and examined some nifty compact metal halide
lighting fixtures. They were no bigger than 7"x4"x4", give or take an
inch
in the shorter dimensions. The ballast was separate. A lamp with
ballast
was about US$200 but I held back because I didn't know if I could get
bulbs
here or how much it would cost to transform the voltage. Anyone else
know
about these and how we might be able to obtain them in the U.S.?

I've seen several fixtures offered by Aqualine, Geisemann (sp?) that
use small "compact" MH bulbs rather than the screw-in types offered
by US companies.  However, these fixtures range from $1500-2500US.

I would love to find a more affordable fixture that made use of these
bulbs.

Mike