[Prev][Next][Index]

Aquatic Plants Digest V2 #530

Jan mentions seeing incandescent bulbs partly submerged. That brought back
memories! :-)  An old friend of mine ran a "fish store" out of his basement
way back when I was an Undergraduate. He heated and lit all of his tanks with
ordinary 40 to 100 watt frosted incandescent bulbs.  I remember he had an A.
fenestralis blooming under the bulb, also a C. griffithii blooming. He was a
Botany Prof.  The bulbs literally last forever, because they never get hot.
No, he was never shocked, but he was a careful man!  Anyway, it DOES work,
and quite well, too!

Just don't let your Insurance person see you doing it!!