[Prev][Next][Index]

Re: mylar film

Rochelle Williams (williaro at ftmcphsn-emh1_army.mil) wrote:

>Also, a recent thread mentioned using mylar as a reflective lining but I
>never saw a suggested place to purchase it.  Does anyone have suggestions
>where to purchase this other than buying a lot of mylar balloons and
>popping them?  :-)

Rochelle, that was my comment. I saw the film mentioned in a hydroponics
magazine and ordered it from a local hydroponics shop here in Australia.
They had 2 forms of reflective plastic - one with around 80% reflectance
and the mylar with 95% reflectance. It comes in rolls - I forget the
width - and I bought about 2 metres which cost me around $8 - $10
Australian from memory. That would equate to around $6.50 - $8.00 US
based on current exchange rates and it may well be cheaper for you since
if it didn't come from the US you probably import a lot more. Try your
local hydroponics shops or look in the mail order adds in US hydroponics
magazines.

It's quite flexible and easy to cut with household scissors. I cut it to
size and stuck it inside my 2 light fittings using double sided sticky
tape. It hasn't come unstuck so I think it really couldn't be easier to
use.

David Aiken