[Prev][Next][Index]

PMDD and K Source.

Sorry to intrude into this subject, but i was wondering if any of you
have tried potassium silicate, which I have used extensivly, first in
hydroponics and now in raising aquarium plant, although in different
concentrations.

P.S. In the digest, <mark.fisher at tpwd_state.tx.us> writes about
possible 'chemophobia' resulting from discussions of potassium
nitrate and its 'explosive' (oxidising) properties.  To add my
little bit, I can easily find this substance in crystal form under
manure piles on the farm.  As well, the comment ' (other ingredients)
... are necessary, along with an ignition source.  Table sugar can
(also) be made to explode, also, as well as a myriad of other
compounds.'  As a chemist, I feel that there is enough dangerous
and / or explosive substances found in the ordinary home (and with
that information available in the nearest public library) that
bringing in something as relatively harmless as KNO3 is a very slight
added risk.

Thanks for letting me rant on.

Lord Hugh <lordhugh at compusmart_ab.ca>