[Prev][Next][Index]

$$ to run heater

I was wondering if anyone had a general rule of thumb about how many
hours per day a heater is on.  In order to calculate how much $$ I'm
spending to run various instruments in my aquarium I need to know how
long they're running.  This calculation is easy with lights and pumps
but I can only guess as to how long the heater runs.  Specifically, in
my 50G tank which I keep at 75 degrees in a 70 degree room, I'm guessing
that the heater is on 4 hours / day.  Does this sound conservative or
liberal?  Given the number of variables to consider I imagine this would
be a tough one to nail down but what are people's opinions?

				Thanks,

					Miles Morrissey
					Easthampton, MA
					mmorriss@sophia,smith.edu