[Prev][Next][Index]

RE: Baby SAEs (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sun, 9 Feb 1997 23:54:00 -0500
From: "Williams, Rochelle - DCSPIM" <williaro at ftmcphsn-emh1_army.mil>
To: "Aquatic-Plants-Owner at ActWin_com" <Aquatic-Plants-Owner at ActWin_com>
Subject: RE: Baby SAEs

Liisa Sarakontu gave David excellent descriptions of how to tell baby SAEs
from baby Flying Foxes.   Recently, I found 2 baby SAEs in a tank full of
baby Flying Foxes.  Liisa's description did not mention what caught my eye
and brought me back to the tank as I walked away.  The SAE's swam
differently!  The two in the tank stayed together and did the SAE
characteristic swimming near the glass wall against the current.  The FF
were all over the tank.  When I noticed the swimming, I took a closer look
and noticed the absence of the light color bar over the dark one.  I bought
the two and after quarantining, they are happily with the 2 adult SAEs in
the 125g show tank.
Rochelle Williams
williaro at ftmcphsn-emh1_army.mil
In Atlanta where I should be studying for tomorrow's midterm rather than
talking about fish.  :-)