[Prev][Next][Index]

Re:Texas aquatic plants

     >I don't really dabble in the marine side, but since I do live in West
     >Texas, I was wondering what FW grasses and plants that I might be
     >able to find. Any help/source would be great.

     The best source I know is:

     Correll, Donovan and Helen Correll.  1975.  Aquatic and wetland plants
     of southwestern United States, Volumes I and II, Stanford University
     Press.

     You will be amazed at the number of aquarium plants that grow in this
     region.  Our eastern friends can check out:

     Godfrey, Robert and Jean Wooten.  1981.  Aquatic and wetland plants of
     southeastern United States.  University of Georgia Press, Athens.
     This reference is also in two volumes, Monocotyledons and
     Dicotyledons.

     Those of you on the other side of the Mississippi will also be amazed.