[Prev][Next][Index]

carbonates and temporary hardness

     Hi Folks -

     Quick question: at the moment I'm using bicarb soda to controll the KH
     value of my tank water. Is there a compound of potassium and carbonate
     that would perform the same function? I've looked in the Krib, and an
     article at

     http://www.cco.caltech.edu/_aquaria/Krib/Plants/CO2/rift.html#6

     refers to muriate of potash as KaHCO3 (sic). I know that muriate of
     potash is KCl, so this article's probably not right. But I am interested
     in the potassium / carbonate compound. Could someone expand on this:
     what it is, and where to get it?

     Also, to Eng Chuah: re: your post to APD 509 about terestrial fertiliser
     and potted plants etc - how well do you think this would work with
     annubias?

     [BTW could someone also tell me what command to give the server to make
     sure that I get the digests containing my posts? Private e/mail probably
     preferable.]

     Cheers, Chris.