[Prev][Next][Index]

Echinodorus blooming

One of my Echinodorus (unidentiefied, sorrie) has produced a flower
stalk. I'm wondering if I can do anything to try to reproduce the
plant this way. I was always under the impression that these plants
reproduce primarily vegetatively, not by seeds (correct me if I am
wrong).

Pls bear with me, my esperience with this plant is rather limited.
The stalk is currently about 20 cm long and has not reached the
surface of the water (yet). The tank is 175 l with 10 CA cichlids and
two plecos, yeast CO2 and 36 W light (10hrs/day).

Thanks,

Jan

Jan Fidrmuc

CentER for Economic Research