[Prev][Next][Index]

Madagascar growing like a weed

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 06 Feb 1997 11:44:32 -0800
From: Harry Martin <martinh at std_teradyne.com>
To: Aquatic-Plants at actwin_com
Subject: Madagascar growing like a weed

I recently purchased a Madagascar plant for my 60 gal tank. In the 2
weeks since owning it, I'd say it about doubled it's size. A single stem
(flower stem?) has sprung up and ran to the surface in as little as 5
days!

Can any one tell me if this will flower? If so, is there any way
possible to pollinate it?

I've read about how difficult this plant can be, therefore I must be
experiencing beginers luck. I've got a Co2 Yeast factory in full
production and 2 x 48" full spectrum bulbs running for 8 hrs a day. I'm
combating algae at the moment.

Only one leave fell off after planting. The largest leaf is about 12"
long. I've enlisted a school of Mollies to eat the algae. Temp 75 deg,
PH about 7.5.

Harry Martin
Thousand Oaks, CA