[Prev][Next][Index]

Re:YAPI

     >Floating plant. Leaves about fingernail sized, slight reddish
     >colouring, and often overlapping. Has flotation bladders about the
     >size of grains of rice. Quite thick root system. Apparently a Tropica
     >plant. Also apparently a type of ludwigia.

     This sounds like a native, Ludwigia peploides, aka water primrose.
     This one has flotation bladders on the root.  It has very nice
     yellow flowers, and I have seen huge mats of these plants covering
     shallow water areas here in Texas.  They bloom during the summer,
     and I have always seen them growing in full sun.  They're also
     called verdolaga de agua.