[Prev][Next][Index]

Lighting Intensity

Rodney Dorville wrote:

>The light penetration of a MH with proper reflector can reach up to 36
>inches easily, however, no matter how many fluorescent lamps you have, the
>maximum penetration is about 18 inches.

Is the statement true for the new compact fluorescent bulbs?  I've been
trying (unsuccessfully) to grow lillaeopsis at 24 inches with T-12 bulbs.
Recently, I put a 2 bulb (28 watts each) cf light (CustomSeaLife) right
over the lillaeopsis patch and so far so good.  It's a little too early to
tell, but it's starting to send out runners and I haven't lost it yet to
that darkish algae that's defeated previous efforts.