[Prev][Next][Index]

RE:Painting inside of hoods

Painting the inside of the hood white is not a BAD idea. It will
increase the reflectivity of the surface, but let me recommend
something cheap and easy that will really make a difference. Use
aluminum foil instead of paint. If you apply it carefully with a
spray-on adhesive, you will help to seal the wood in the hood from
moisture AND you will get much more reflectivity. For the hoods I have
made so far, I first seal the hood with several coats of polyurethane
and then line the inside with aluminum. I am lucky in that I can get
aluminum in 48-inch wide sheets, but regular household aluminum foil
will do the trick too.
Justin in Savannah,
where a waist is a terrible thing to mind.