[Prev][Next][Index]

Calcium supplement

Does anyone add calcium to their tanks?  I think my tank might have a
calcium deficiency, since the local water is very soft, and my amazon
sword is putting out leaves that are somewhat stunted and mishshapen,
but otherwise normal.  I want to add a little calcium, but really don't
want to increase the KH using carbonate.  I have thought about
adding some calcium chloride that I have, or maybe some eggshells.  Does
anyone know what calcium chloride would do, or what form the calcium is in
eggshells?

 Thanks in advance,
 Tom

 Work Phone: (206)-543-1075             Physical Mail: Box 352700
 Fax:        (206)-543-1543                            University of Washington
 Home Page : http://www.ce.washington.edu/~tep         Seattle, WA
                                                       98195