[Prev][Next][Index]

Re: Lighting

Mark;

Once again ... you do not need these fancy lights in order to grow
luxurious aquatic plants. Cool white fluorescent lights are perfectly
adequate ... with cool whites I have consistently found that I could
maintain 2 to 4 day doubling times with my aquatic plants. The CRI,
degrees Kelvin, lumens per watt etc etc etc are completely irrelevant in
terms of the actual growth of your plants. What is most important are the
number of photons of PAR being emitted from the lights and absorbed by the
plants ... that is, the AMOUNT of light, not the spectral 'quality' of light.

dave.