[Prev][Next][Index]

(fwd) Re: nitrate filters (not including plants)

On Sat, 18 Jan 1997 21:23:58 -0800, Tony_Griffitts <griffitt at calweb_com> wrote:

Just wondering about this post in the "Discus Lovers" List.  Just wondering if
anyone has experience using a denitrator in a acidic freshwater tank?

>I have built 4 denitrators for myself and customers.  I do not
>recommend denitrators for discus tanks because they do not function
>well in soft acidic water.  I do strongly recommend them for salt
>water and reef tanks.  They will also work on fresh water with a pH
>above 7.4, anything lower than that and their efficiency is greatly
>reduced.  Here's the address to my web page on denitrators:

[..]  edited for brevity...

*Mike Roberts - mike at microspan_com
*North American Internet, Ltd. - http://www.nail.net
*Colorado Springs, CO - (719) 635-NAIL

*Providing affordable ISDN to the Front Range...