[Prev][Next][Index]

Snails

David Webb <dwebb at ti_com> wrote:
<<<<<<I have pearl apple snails, red ramshorn, brown spotted ramshorn, pond,
and
trumpet snails in my tanks.  None of these snails eat healthy plant leaves,
and
I tend to have a problem with them starving if I don't add algae wafers
occasionally (they won't eat the plants even if they're dying of
hunger).>>>>>>

OK, we all agree that it's normal for the red ramshorn, brown spotted
ramshorn, pond, and trumpet snails. For the so called apple or mystery
snails, I'm happy yours are fine, but mine (and those of someone else on
this list) were not. The fact that they may or may not be OK with plants
probably explains why the available hobbist-grade literature is
contradictory.

Dionigi