[Prev][Next][Index]

HQL bulbs

Hi again, my second question for today. I recently switched to HQL light and
I am wondering what HQL bulbs you use regarding color spectrum and temperature.

The shop sold me Sylvania bulbs (I don't know if available outside Germany)
but they seem quite cold white to me (compared to the neon lights I used before)
and color representation of the fish (discus and neon tetras) does not seem to
be very good. Unfortunately, the bulb packaging did not give any indication
of the nm or K regarding color spectrum or temperature.

What are your experiences/recommendations? Should I get other bulbs? There are
e.g. the Dennerle Trocal bulbs especially for aquaria but they are hard to get.

Thanks again, Andi from Munich, Germany.